If you’re interested in Long Term Study Abroad (1-2 semesters), there are three options for SCSU students of various degree programs and language backgrounds:
1) SCSU is a partner in the International Student Exchange Programs (ISEP), a network that combines over 300 universities in 42 different countries to provide students with a variety of study abroad opportunities.
ISEP offers a variety of programs in Italy geared to various majors and disciplines.
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Milano)
- Università degli Studi di Pavia
- Università degli Studi di Trieste
- Università degli Studi di Urbino “Carlo Bo”
Please click here to visit the ISEP website: http://www.isep.org/students/
2) SCSU also has a partnership with the Center for International Studies Abroad (CIS Abroad), which features coursework and internship opportunities in cities like Florence, Rome and Perugia. Through CIS Abroad, you can even pursue SCSU-approved credits towards your major while studying Italian!
For more information: http://www.cisabroad.com/italy.
3) SCSU also have the option of studying abroad with SAI Programs, which has programs in English with Italian-language options in Florence, Rome, Milan, Siena and Sorrento. Featured programs include Studio Arts and Design (Florence), Business, International Studies, Classics, and Art History (Rome), Business, International Relations, Italian Culture, Communications and Sociology (Milan), Business & Administration Studies, Italian Studies, and the Social Sciences (Sorrento) and Anthropology, History, Literature & Linguistics, and Sociology (Siena).
To find out more about SCSU-approved coursework through SAI Programs, click here: http://www.saiprograms.com/
If you’re interested in Long Term Study Abroad, the first step is to go to the Office of International Education (Engleman B129) to schedule an appointment to discuss your study abroad options. For more information: http://www.southernct.edu/academics/international/
Meet past and current SCSU students studying abroad!
“I know it’s cliché, but studying abroad really does change who you are: as a person, as a student, as a thinker, etc. I know for a fact that I will return as the much-improved
version of myself. “
–Amanda, SCSU ’13
“Being independent in a different country has opened my eyes to much more than I ever thought possible. […] I have learned to embrace the slower paced way of life that Italy has to offer. I know I will return to the US with a much different perspective, and the people I miss will be right where I left them!”
–Gabrielle, SCSU ’13
SCSU student Melissa Farfone spent last semester studying at the Università di Trieste. Here is a photo of Melissa enjoying a gelato in the town center!